Re: ok you all win what is best opteron (I dont want a hosed system

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: ok you all win what is best opteron (I dont want a hosed system
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
William Yu <wyu@talisys.com> writes:

> It turns out the latency in a 2xDC setup is just so much lower and most apps
> like lower latency than higher bandwidth.

You haven't tested anything about "most apps". You tested what the SpecFoo
apps prefer. If you're curious about which Postgres prefers you'll have to
test with Postgres.

I'm not sure whether it will change the conclusion but I expect Postgres will
like bandwidth better than random benchmarks do.

--
greg