Re: contrib like modules in Red Hat problem, Re: A "bug" report for orafce

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: contrib like modules in Red Hat problem, Re: A "bug" report for orafce
Дата
Re: contrib like modules in Red Hat problem, Re: A "bug" report for orafce  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@CommandPrompt.com> writes:
> On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 11:26 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Shouldn't one always build RPMs as non-root?

> Probably, if the packager is not lazy ;)

It's really not hard, it just takes a couple of minutes of one-time
setup.  Make a file ~/.rpmmacros containing (in my case)

%_topdir /home/tgl/rpmwork

then create the directory ~/rpmwork and under it the five directories
BUILD/    RPMS/     SOURCES/  SPECS/    SRPMS/

Now you put your SRPMS in ~/rpmwork/SRPMS and run rpmbuild there,
same as you would do in /usr/src/redhat, you're just not root.
Much safer.

(Obviously, you can put your rpmwork directory wherever you want and
call it whatever you want, adjusting the _topdir macro to match.
What I show above is the customary thing for Red Hat engineers,
though.)