Re: Suspending postgresql during heavy load

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Suspending postgresql during heavy load
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes:

> Question is their a way to suspend PostGres during a heavy average load
> session?
>
> I would like to suspend Postgresql transaction on a load average higher
> then a load average of 5.

You aren't being very clear if you want to suspend a single backend or
the whole instance (which I'm not sure if feasible).

Individual backends will pause/continue via SIGSTOP SIGCONT.

I've done this under various interesting diagnostic conditions and did
not observe ill effects but there might certainly be some, especially if
you left the session paused for an extended period.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Сообщение: Re: Error messages in a hot standby server's logfiles
Сообщение: Re: Error messages in a hot standby server's logfiles