Re: PostgreSQL File System Based Backup Restartability

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: PostgreSQL File System Based Backup Restartability
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
girish R G peetle <giri.anamika0@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Kevin.
>
> "Be careful that when you resume after such an interruption you do
> not skip any files and that you complete or re-copy any files that
> were partially copied before the problems."
>
> Here you mean, we should not skip any files that was already backed up before interruption ?
>  I will have to backup entire content under DATA directory again ?

False.

Any file already copied and known copied thoroughly should not require
copying again.

The file under copy when the network drop occurred needs copying again
and/or  syncing if your copy program knows how to do that without moving
all bits... and of course all missing files  need copying also.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting