Re: Suppress 'duplicate key' at errorlog?

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Suppress 'duplicate key' at errorlog?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Whitney <scott@journyx.com> writes:

> Am I the only one concerned about a product trying to duplicate a pkey? This is not usually the LAST step. It's early
onin the logical process. You have to find and
> solve the underlying cause.

I've seen lazy developers use a try insert/update if fail to implement a
poor man's upsert...  a feature much sought after and only now being
seriously developed for Postgres.

So... whether or not it's a bug is application dependent.

Yes I'd question a 3rd party about this if the product wasn't developed
in house and/or fully open to code review to have them tell me "we did
it that way on purpose" though rather than just declaring it a nuisance.

FWIW

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 6:17 PM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
>
>     On Mar 30, 2015, at 3:03 PM, Rossi, Maria <maria.rossi@us.pgds.com> wrote:
>     >
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Is there a way to suppress a ‘duplicate key’ msg  from the errorlog?  Due to a bug in a 3rd party
application, this keeps on appearing and I am concerned that it
>     will fill up the filesystem.    I can delete  the old errorlog,  but if there is any other meaningful msgs out
there,I would lose that too.

>     No way to turn off that specific error message, but you could filter them out of the log, being careful of course
notto filter any messages which might be more