Re: postgres not deleting trigger file

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: postgres not deleting trigger file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
jkilborn <jim.kilborn@swri.org> writes:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I think the problem is permissions. The fact that the pgpool runs as root
> user, its likely that postgres can’t remove the created trigger file.

Right /tmp usually has sticky bit set and thus though the directory is
world writeable,  one user can't remove a file owned by another as is
the case here.

And IMO having trigger file be in tmp isn't a great idea since anyone on
the box could create the file and have your standby server come out of recovery.