Re: [ODBC] SQLGetTypeInfo tiny column sizes

От Inoue, Hiroshi
Тема Re: [ODBC] SQLGetTypeInfo tiny column sizes
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Michael,

On 2017/02/18 7:50, Michael Kleehammer wrote:
I’m the maintainer of pyodbc which is a Python / ODBC bridge and am getting really poor performance from psqlODBC varchar and wvarchar writes.  The project has to work with all drivers so I have to use whatever the driver says - in this case SQLGetTypeInfo for these types return a column size of 255 bytes.  Any writes above this size have be sent 255 bytes at a time using SQLPut, but this is obviously significantly slower.

You can set the max varchar size using MaxVarcharSize option in a connection string or Datasource setting.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Now, I’ve provided a way to override it, but I can’t do it automatically for people so it would be ideal if we could review what the proper value should be.

Do you see any problem increasing this size in the driver?

Thanks,
Michael Kleehammer

Сообщение: Re: [ODBC] Issues with OUT parameters in stored procedures
Сообщение: Re: [ODBC] Issues with OUT parameters in stored procedures