Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)
Дата
Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> IMHO that's the single most important task of a review.

> Really?  I'd say the most important task for a review is "does the patch
> do what it says it does?".  That is, if the patch is supposed to
> implement feature X, does it actually?  If it's a performance patch,
> does performance actually improve?

> If the patch doesn't implement what it's supposed to, who cares what the
> code looks like?

But even before that, you have to ask whether what it's supposed to do
is something we want.

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)
Сообщение: Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)