Re: What Are Last Steps Performed When PostgreSQL Starts?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: What Are Last Steps Performed When PostgreSQL Starts?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen@esncc.com> writes:
> QUESTION: what are the few last steps that PostgreSQL does when it starts
> up? I am looking for things that I can check to be sure it has completed
> installation (from a script) before allowing the script to proceed to the
> next step, like:

I'm confused about whether you are talking about installation or server
startup.  If installation, shouldn't your script just be waiting for the
subprocess to exit?  As for server startup, the best procedure is the
one pg_ctl uses: try to make a connection, if fail, sleep a second or so
and try again.