Re: Broken python2-psycopg2-2.8.3-2.rhel7.x86_64.rpm package forPostgresQL versions 9.6 or lower

От Sébastien Besson
Тема Re: Broken python2-psycopg2-2.8.3-2.rhel7.x86_64.rpm package forPostgresQL versions 9.6 or lower
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Devrim,

Thanks for the quick answer.
I had pinned the python-psycopg2 package to an earlier working version but this is a more elegant workaround with the
additionalbenefit of installing the latest package from the correct repo.

Best,
Sebastien

> On 3 Oct 2019, at 18:27, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2019-10-03 at 10:56 +0100, Sébastien Besson wrote:
>> The issue affects versions of PostgreSQL 9.6 and earlier and can minimally
>> reproduced with the attached Docker file which installs the server, the
>> psycopg2 package and tests the module import.
>
> This is a band aid to your problem:
>
> RUN yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=pgdg94 install -y postgresql${VERSION}-server python-psycopg2
>
> The problem is, psycopg2 is pulled from 10 repos, but the rest is pulled from
> 9.4 repos, so the libpq in 9.4 does not have these functions.
>
> I had to make this change to fix this issue:
>
> https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4798
>
> Let me see what I can do.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Devrim Gündüz
> Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

Сообщение: Re: PG 12 rpm repo breaks yum
Сообщение: Re: PG 12 rpm repo breaks yum