Re: Wrong order of tests in findDependentObjects()

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Wrong order of tests in findDependentObjects()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/27/16 10:15 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> writes:
>> I suspect this is unrelated, but I've run into another oddity with
>> extension dependency: if an extension creates any temporary objects the
>> extension will install and function correctly... until the backend that
>> created the extension quits. This is VERY confusing if you've never come
>> across it before, because you'll do a bunch of work in a single script
>> but when you try to use the extension for real it will "randomly" just
>> vanish.
>
> Yeah, I was wondering about that yesterday --- that comment mentions
> the case of temporary objects, but it only fixes the problem while the
> script runs.  Maybe there should be a separate test for "we're doing
> temporary-object cleanup" that would similarly prevent recursion to
> an extension?

I can't think of any reason you'd want the current behavior.

Though, it'd arguably be better to remove temp objects created by an
extension after the script exits, so that they can't "leak" into the
executing backend. Dunno if that's any harder or not...
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)