Re: Wrong order of tests in findDependentObjects()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Wrong order of tests in findDependentObjects()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> writes:
> I suspect this is unrelated, but I've run into another oddity with
> extension dependency: if an extension creates any temporary objects the
> extension will install and function correctly... until the backend that
> created the extension quits. This is VERY confusing if you've never come
> across it before, because you'll do a bunch of work in a single script
> but when you try to use the extension for real it will "randomly" just
> vanish.

Yeah, I was wondering about that yesterday --- that comment mentions
the case of temporary objects, but it only fixes the problem while the
script runs.  Maybe there should be a separate test for "we're doing
temporary-object cleanup" that would similarly prevent recursion to
an extension?