Fwd: Installed PG with pgAdmin, some days later, now my password don't work!

От Jennifer Trey
Тема Fwd: Installed PG with pgAdmin, some days later, now my password don't work!
Дата
Re: Installed PG with pgAdmin, some days later, now my password don't work!  (Diego Schulz <dschulz@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Sorry, for the confusion.. just want to make something I wrote more clear:

I tried to add a server and it required the use of a password and not to add a password.. upon the creation and connection, it says that it failed. The Server gets created but I cannot log in to it, even though its new...

and also, I found it (the password) but I cannot log in with it anyway...

/ Jennifer

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jennifer Trey <jennifer.trey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] Installed PG with pgAdmin, some days later, now my password don't work!
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org

Yes, I found it.. but I cannot log in?

Is there any simple way just to scratch the server and add a new one? thru pgAdmin please?

I tried to "Add Server" but it requires a password too!? and thats not working either.. why does a new server require a new password?

To Raymonds last,

I am using pgAdmin, and that file I accidentally attached instead of an image I was planning to attach..

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 01/04/2009 20:16, Jennifer Trey wrote:

> Most importantly, where can I find the password if it was stored?

It's in a file called pgpass.conf - on Windows, this is stored in the
Application Data\postgresql directory under your profile.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie