Re: Power outage borked things (8.1.10)...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Power outage borked things (8.1.10)...
Дата
Re: Power outage borked things (8.1.10)...  (Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@it-management.at>)
Список pgsql-admin
Darren Reed <darrenr+postgres@fastmail.net> writes:
> Starting up postgres, I get the log contents below.
> Is it really as bad as it suggests, namely that I
> need to recover from backup?

Probably :-(

pg_resetxlog would let you into the database, but I do not have high
hopes about the consistency/correctness of what you'll find.  The best
advice would be:

1. pg_resetxlog

2. pg_dumpall

3. initdb, restore from backup

4. compare dump from step 2 to backup dump, apply any changes that seem
sane

And don't forget

5. Figure out why a simple power failure was able to do this to you,
and fix it.  The most likely bet is that your disk drives are lying
about write completion ... see the PG archives for discussion.