Re: Unable to recovery due missing wal_file

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Unable to recovery due missing wal_file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/03/2016 06:21 PM, Patrick B wrote:

>     Not sure that would have mattered for the reasons below.
>
>     You might want to take a look at the below:
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/wal.html
>
>     In particular:
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/wal-intro.html
>
>     Short version WAL files are essential to restoring and on the
>     originating server are recycled, subject to the configuration
>     parameters explained here:
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/wal-configuration.html
>
>     So the wal archiving you have set up is not storing everything, it
>     removes older files over time?
>

> Yes... it removes... I've changed to store them for up to 72h.

You say it took 10 days to run the pg_basebackup, so I am not keeping
the last 72 hrs is going to help.

> I'll restart the process now, by using stream instead fletch.

Remember:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/app-pgbasebackup.html

--xlog-method=method

"This will include all transaction logs generated during the backup."

Given that you WAL archiving for a period less then 72 hrs generated
over 500GB of files, do you have the space to store 10 days worth?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com