Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?
Дата
Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On 3:55 pm 07/18/08 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >  AfterTriggerEvents: 10553909248 total in 1268 blocks; 20432 free (6
> >  chunks); 10553888816 used
>
> Well, that's definitely your problem ...

What is the overhead for each AfterTriggerEvent?

I guess I can write a program to process so many rows at a time, if I know
how much overhead each AfterTriggerEvent uses. I know 15 million at a time
worked fine, so I could do 5 or 10 million at a time.

When does the memory usage for those AfterTriggerEvents gets released? At
commit?