Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Francisco Reyes" <lists@stringsutils.com> writes:
> What is the overhead for each AfterTriggerEvent?

On a 64-bit machine it looks like they'd cost you about 80 bytes
each :-(.  A good deal of that is palloc overhead --- I wonder if
we should get rid of the separate-palloc-for-each-event design?

> When does the memory usage for those AfterTriggerEvents gets released? At
> commit?

Whenever the check is done; you'd have to read the rules about deferred
constraints ...