Re: OT hardware recommend

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: OT hardware recommend
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2U-24-bay-2-5-Supermicro-Server-X8DTH-iF-2x-Xeon-Quad-Core-32GB-RAM-SAS2-216EL1-/222132081393?hash=item33b81a92f1:g:UzYAAOSwR5dXSQVw

>> With it being 2U you can then pop out the motherboard and go with anything more modern you wanted in terms of the
motherboard/cpu/ram.

> I would, however, also buy a LSI/Avago SAS 9207-8i card and remove that 3ware 9750 'hardware' raid controller, which
youcan probably get $200 for on ebay.

Thanks John and John.  (Thank the John's!)

Seems Like I could also get an HP D2700 off ebay pretty cheap, but I'd probably also have to buy a raid card that
supportsmini-sas, and I'd have to find a computer to attach it to.  Anyone with experience with those (or similar)?

Any idea's if 15 5400 laptop drives in raid 10 attached to a D2700 would be performant at all?

There's a pretty good chance I'll get a few more.  I might get 5 more, would that make a difference?

Would the Supermicro and an HP D2700 use about the same amount of power?

Thanks all.

-Andy