Re: Full PostgreSQL installer for Windows

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Full PostgreSQL installer for Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

pgAdmin II already has an Upgrade Wizard that informs the user of available
updates to pgAdmin II, postODBC and PostgreSQL.
Jean-Michel & I are still looking into the details of getting this to work,
but I see no reason why the existing code can't be utilised.

> will you be querying for parameters to launch the postmaster
> while providing some intelligent defaults?

Don't know yet. We are looking at a pg_hba.conf editor and tester. Possibly
we could be postgresql.conf as well.

> when launching the postmaster, will you be launching it in
> a bash shell or standalone?

The aim is to run it as a service under NT/2K. I don't know about 9x/ME

> personally, i think this should be step 2, not step 1. what
> you have as step two should be step one. my opinion only.
>
> > 2) In a near future, I would like to perform a minimal
> >    Cygwin installation.
> > - I have no idea what minimum software is needed. Any
> >   information welcome.
> > - Does the Cygwin licence permit it?
>
> i can't answer your questions but i would really like this.
> not know what the dependencies are i just installed the
> whole shebang.
>
> > An alpha installation executable will be available in a
> > few days.
>
> that would be great!

I suspect that Jean-Michel's being a little over-enthusiastic with his
estimate here!

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: Full PostgreSQL installer for Windows
Сообщение: Re: Full PostgreSQL installer for Windows