Re: Possible Bug in pg_upgrade

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible Bug in pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Byrne <dbyrne@mdb.com> writes:
> Attached is a patch that skips orphaned temporary relations in pg_upgrade if they are lingering around. It works for
9.0-> 9.1 upgrades, however I wasn't able to tell when pg_class.relistemp was added so if it was unavailable in
versionsprior to 9.0 an additional check will have to be added.

I'm inclined to think the correct fix is to revert the assumption that
the old and new databases contain exactly the same number of tables ...
that seems to have a lot of potential failure modes besides this one.

От: Dave Byrne
Сообщение: Re: Possible Bug in pg_upgrade
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: wal_sender_delay (WalSndDelay) has served its purpose