Re: pg_dumpall and pg_dumps

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dumpall and pg_dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
s.chava@wcom.com (Srinivasa Rao Chava) writes:
> Pg_dumpall is giving hard time in restoring the database.I opened the
> dump and checked it . There are lot of problem in connectin and
> reconnecting  and plpgsql language call handler.

This is not helpful; if you want us to fix things you're going to have
to give details.

There are known problems in reloading 7.1 dumps into 7.2 if you use
mixed-case user names or database names; might that be the source
of some of your problems?  Are there other problems?

> SELECT setval ('"mysequence"', 1, 't'); Notonly that , there is
> one more error. At the time of setting the sequence value, it has
> to reconnect as the sequence owner.

Yup, this is a known bug in 7.1's pg_dump.  It is fixed in current
sources, but we cannot retroactively make the problem go away :-(.

The only solution I can offer you at the moment is manual editing
of the dump script.  When 7.2.1 comes out, a reasonable alternative
will be to use 7.2.1's pg_dump to perform the dump from 7.1.