Re: pg_upgrade

От Holger Jakobs
Тема Re: pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 12.06.24 um 16:06 schrieb Wasim Devale:
> Hi I am getting this error message while performing PG upgrade.
>
> Database user "postgres" is not install user failure existing
>
> Screenshot attached.
>
> Thanks,
> Wasim

Hi Wasim,

It seems that the operating system user "postgres" did not set up the
cluster you are trying to upgrade.

Check which OS user owns the data directory.

Unfortunately, you don't show the complete shell prompt and pg_upgrade
command line in your question or your screen photograph (it's not even a
real screen shot).

It might help to chown the complete data directory to user and group
postgres, but it's difficult to tell definitely without further information.

Regards,

Holger

--

Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012