Re: Modify Column

От martin.chantler@convergys.com
Тема Re: Modify Column
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I don't know if you can use ALTER TABLE to do this
but you could rename the old column, add a new column with
the right name and size and use an UPDATE statement to
copy the data in.

Unfortunately I had problems dropping the old column since
ALTER TABLE xxx DROP COLUMN zzzz is not implemented in
the version on p-sql I'm using - I wonder if its in a later release???
If not you might have to create a whole new table and copy the data
in with a INSERT INTO xxx SELECT * from zzz;

Hope this helps, maybe someone else knows the ultimate way of doing this :)

MC

joe@jwebmedia.com on 01/12/2000 15:23:03

Please respond to joe@jwebmedia.com