Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error

От Glyn Astill
Тема Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error
Дата
Re: Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error  (Lennin Caro <lennin.caro@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Chaps,

I'm attempting to run 8.3.3 on an old cobalt qube, with debian etch. It appeared to compile ok (however I didn't stick
aroundto watch, that'd be painfull) and said "PostgreSQL compiled successfully and ready to install" or whatever, but
whenI run make check, fails in initdb.

Here is the message and the initdb log file contents showing "bus error"

http://privatepaste.com/47jTTGw5XC

I've configured it as I usually do "./configure --with-perl --with-python --with-tcl --with-openssl --with-pam
--with-krb5".

Of course running on a more obscure machine I don't expect too much to be honest, but does anyone have any ideas?

Perhaps the kernel is missing support for something?

Thanks
Glyn

Not happy with your email address?.
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html