Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18.04.24 11:54, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 at 10:50, Peter Eisentraut<peter@eisentraut.org>  wrote:
>> Why exactly is this an open item?  Is there anything wrong with the
>> existing feature?
> The name of the GUC backtrace_on_internal_error is so specific that
> it's impossible to extend our backtrace behaviour in future releases
> without adding yet another backtrace GUC. You started the discussion
> on renaming it upthread:

This presupposes that there is consensus about how the future
functionality should look like.  This topic has gone through half a
dozen designs over a few months, and I think it would be premature to
randomly freeze that discussion now and backport that design.

If a better, more comprehensive design arises for PG18, I think it would
be pretty easy to either remove backtrace_on_internal_error or just
internally remap it.