Re: Disallow changing slot's failover option in transaction block

От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: Disallow changing slot's failover option in transaction block
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 12:39:40AM +0000, Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu) wrote:
> Here is V2 patch which includes the changes for CREATE SUBSCRIPTION as
> suggested. Since we don't connect pub to alter slot when (create_slot=false)
> anymore, the restriction that disallows failover=true when connect=false is
> also removed.

Thanks!

+          specified in the subscription. When creating the slot, ensure the slot
+          property <literal>failover</literal> matches the counterpart parameter
+          of the subscription.

The slot could be created before or after the subscription is created, so I think
it needs a bit of rewording (as here it sounds like the sub is already created),
, something like?

"Always ensure the slot property <literal>failover</literal> matches the
counterpart parameter of the subscription and vice versa."

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team