Re: Logical wal receiver (background worker) not detecting whenpublisher node has died

От Rui DeSousa
Тема Re: Logical wal receiver (background worker) not detecting whenpublisher node has died
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> On Nov 23, 2018, at 12:20 AM, Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
>
> Dear List,
> Coming back from : https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ae8812c3-d138-73b7-537a-a273e15ef6e1%40matrix.gatewaynet.com

> and having got absolutely no helpful answer from our infrastructure people, I would like to ask :
>
> Is it on earth possible that the primary (publisher node) has crushed while on the subscriber node the logical wal
receivergoes on happily like there is no problem at all, no messages in log, no timeouts, acts if nothing happen ?

> (in the meantime the second standby instantly detected the crush of the primary and immediately restarted
re-connectionattempts)

Not that I can think of without it being a bug.

If it happens again; you can try killing the WAL receiver session via Postgres and if that fails then using tcpkill to
terminatethe session.

It would be good to know the actual cause though and collect as much information before terminating the session.

Interested; but not sure if it’s related: https://www.evanjones.ca/tcp-stuck-connection-mystery.html

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: User Authentication: LDAP and "local" accounts concurrently ?
От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Re: Logical wal receiver (background worker) not detecting whenpublisher node has died