RE: Segmentation fault with parallelism PG 10.4

От Heinemann, Manfred (IMS)
Тема RE: Segmentation fault with parallelism PG 10.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
This is what I see in a stack trace

0x000000000084dcf3 in pglz_decompress ()

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:45 PM
To: Heinemann, Manfred (IMS) <HeinemannM@imsweb.com>
Cc: pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault with parallelism PG 10.4

"Heinemann, Manfred (IMS)" <HeinemannM@imsweb.com> writes:
> We allow some user querying against the database and a user wrote sql that would repeatedly cause a segmentation
fault.We can't share the data but I will show what I can.

The info you've provided is not of much help, but if you could show a stack trace from the point of the segfault, that
mightnarrow things down.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Generating_a_stack_trace_of_a_PostgreSQL_backend

regards, tom lane

Information in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended only for the addressee(s) identified above. If you are
notthe addressee(s), or an employee or agent of the addressee(s), please note that any dissemination, distribution, or
copyingof this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
senderof the error.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Segmentation fault with parallelism PG 10.4
От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection andresolution/fix