Re: Two fast queries get slow when combined

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Two fast queries get slow when combined
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
cluster <skrald@amossen.dk> writes:
> Queries and output from EXPLAIN ANALYZE can be seen here with some
> syntax highlighting:
>     http://rafb.net/p/BJIW4p69.html

You are lying to us about how those queries were posed to Postgres
(and no I don't feel a need to explain how I know).  In future please
present the full truth about what you are doing, not a simplification
that you think is sufficient.

But I think the short answer to your question is that query 1 is fast
because it need only select the first 50 rows in some ordering, and
query 2 is fast because it need only select the first 50 rows in
some ordering, but they are not the same ordering so the join query
doesn't get to exploit that shortcut.