pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: zero-length delimited identifier at or near """" at character 60

От Shahryar G. Hashemi
Тема pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: zero-length delimited identifier at or near """" at character 60
Дата
Ответы Re: pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: zero-length delimited identifier at or near """" at character 60  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

We are running PostgreSQL 7.4.7 on a Linux system.  We have a primary DB and hot-standby [via pg_dump/pg_restore].  A few weeks ago we had a database corruption and had to go back to a dump from 12/20/2006. Everything restored fine [on the primary and standby DB's] however everytime we perform a pg_dump/pg_restore we get this error:

pg_restore: creating TABLE account_password
pg_restore: creating FUNCTION trig_account_insert()
pg_restore: creating FUNCTION trig_account_password_insert()
pg_restore: creating ACL trig_account_password_insert()
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  zero-length delimited identifier at or near """" at character 60
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

Here is how we run the pg_dump command:
pg_dump -C -v -U hydra -f <backup_file> -Fc hydra
Here is how we run the pg_restore command:
pg_restore -v -C -h bvmgdb2a -U hydra -d template1 <backup_file>

I can get the pg_restore to complete if I add the -x [ignore ACL [grant/revoke].  But my question is what is wrong with the ACL trig_account_password_insert() and how can I fix it on the production DB so this error can go away?  The error makes zero sense.  The documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

BTW I am a Sybase/SQL Server DBA so PostgreSQL is another world to me.

Thanks,

Shahryar

--
Shahryar G. Hashemi                      DBA
InfoSpace Inc.

Office: +1 425.201.8853                  Fax: +1 425.201.6160
Alpha Pager: page-shashem@infospace.com  Numeric Pager: +1 877.252.5631
E-Mail: shashem@infospace.com            WEB: http://infospaceinc.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. The information is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s); any disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.