Re: Let's create a release team

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Let's create a release team
Дата
Re: Let's create a release team  ("Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org> writes:
> Let's create a release team.  This strategy is one well established
> in other projects and in industry.  For lack of a better starting
> reference, let me suggest http://www.freebsd.org/releng/charter.html
> as a starting point for consideration.  See also
> http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html.

> This will also lighten the load on the core team allowing them to
> focus on development and such.

I don't really see any value-added here.  The core committee's only
routinely-exercised function is to organize releases; separating that
out would leave core with nothing to do.  Also, to the extent that
core has any real or perceived authority in the project, I think it
comes from having control of the release process --- there's surely
no other reason for people to defer to the core team as a group (as
opposed to whatever respect might be accorded to individual people
as a result of their individual contributions).  So ISTM such a
reorganization would leave the core committee as a figurehead and make
the release team into the effective new core.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group