Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this article/comment

От novnov
Тема Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this article/comment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
There is another blog article comparing postgresql with mysql, where the
postgres is slow thing is repeated and the benchmark tends to confirm. The
blogger is new to postgres and does not represent the test as definative.

http://wskills.blogspot.com/2007/01/postgresql-vs-mysql-benchmark.html

First, I'm not an expert with either database and don't have anything useful
to say on the topic.

Second, quite a number of the folks here think postgres holds it own re
performance very well, and I trust this crew.

Third, anyone that cares and has meaningful comments to offer on the subject
might consider posting a comment on that blog.

Fourth, am I being a pita by posting this kind of message here? I do it
because while I know it's an old and probably annoying topic for many of
you, I don't like myths like postgres/slow mysql/fast being perpetuated. But
if you all tell me to hang it up I will...I figured that informing the
community re these articles might be a minor contribution.