Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this article/comment

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this article/comment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 09:41:03AM -0800, novnov wrote:

> There is another blog article comparing postgresql with mysql, where the
> postgres is slow thing is repeated and the benchmark tends to confirm. The
> blogger is new to postgres and does not represent the test as definative.
>
> http://wskills.blogspot.com/2007/01/postgresql-vs-mysql-benchmark.html

Database is 80MB only, tiny. And his machine isn't very good either.

> Fourth, am I being a pita by posting this kind of message here? I do it
> because while I know it's an old and probably annoying topic for many of
> you, I don't like myths like postgres/slow mysql/fast being perpetuated. But

While interesting, people just throwing it on a machine and testing a
database much smaller than the amount of RAM they have, just isn't
meaningful.

Proper tests where they actually print what they tested, now that's
useful. But much more rare.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения