Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Larry Rosenman" <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> That's making the assumption that you know which libpq.  I was hoping to
> have a psql commandline
> Switch to dump the info, but with your objection(s), I'll just crawl back
> under my rock.

It's not that I don't feel your pain ... but if you don't know what
version of libpq you're using, I don't see where you get to assume that
psql is invoking the same version as your app-that's-actually-broken.
Seems like there's not any substitute for some forensic effort here.

On the server side, recent discussions about getting pg_ctl to behave
sanely in the face of non-default configurations have been leading me to
think about a proposal like this:
postmaster --show-value guc-variable-name other-switches

with the behavior of parsing the postgresql.conf file, interpreting the
other-switches (which might include -D or -c that'd affect the result)
and then printing the value of the guc-variable to stdout and exiting.
This would allow pg_ctl to deal with issues such as non-default
unix_socket_directory.  Doesn't fix your problem of client-side
configuration variation, but would do a bit for the server side.

Сообщение: Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?
Сообщение: Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?