Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Larry Rosenman" <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
>> The other issue is borked installs where the server and libpq
>>  disagree. What I'm looking for is to expose what libpq has for it's
>> default as well as what the server is using.  There is currently  no
>> way to determine what libpq has for it's default.  What happened in
>> the irc case was a partial re-install  with non-matching server and
>> libpq.
>
> [ shrug... ]  So?  There isn't going to be any way that
> random-app-using-libpq is going to have a way to tell the user what
> the underlying copy of libpq is using for this default --- adding a
> call for that will be nothing more nor less than a waste of code
> space.  You'd be best off running strings(1) over the libpq.so file
> when the question comes up.

That's making the assumption that you know which libpq.  I was hoping to
have a psql commandline
Switch to dump the info, but with your objection(s), I'll just crawl back
under my rock.

>             regards, tom lane

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3683 US

Сообщение: Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?
Сообщение: Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?