Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration

От Andrey M. Borodin
Тема Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 29 Feb 2024, at 06:59, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> At Sat, 3 Feb 2024 22:32:45 +0500, "Andrey M. Borodin" <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote in
>> Here's the test draft. This test reliably reproduces sleep on CV when waiting next multixact to be filled into
"members"SLRU.

> By the way, I raised a question about using multiple CVs
> simultaneously [1]. That is, I suspect that the current CV
> implementation doesn't allow us to use multiple condition variables at
> the same time, because all CVs use the same PCPROC member cvWaitLink
> to accommodate different waiter sets. If this assumption is correct,
> we should resolve the issue before spreading more uses of CVs.

Alvaro, Kyotaro, what's our plan for this?
It seems to late to deal with this pg_usleep(1000L) for PG17.
I propose following course of action
1. Close this long-standing CF item
2. Start new thread with CV-sleep patch aimed at PG18
3. Create new entry in July CF

What do you think?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.