Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompresfunctions

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompresfunctions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 22 окт. 2017 г., в 21:21, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> написал(а):
>
> Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> writes:
>> I was looking for a way to correctly drop compress\decompress functions from opclasses.
>
> Making a new opclass seems like a pretty grotty answer; it won't
> help existing installations.

Unfortunately in cube's case that's the only option: cube allows 100-dimensional cubes, while 94-dimensional cubes
couldbe toasted (according to code).

> I think what you need is to undo opclasscmds.c's decision that the
> dependencies should be INTERNAL.  I tried this:

Thanks Tom, that's exactly what I need. I'll push patches with this to November commitfest.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.