[HACKERS] [bug fix] ECPG: fails to recognize embedded parameters

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема [HACKERS] [bug fix] ECPG: fails to recognize embedded parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

This is an actual problem that our customer hit.  In ECPG, opening a cursor fails which is declared as follows:

    EXEC SQL DECLARE cur CURSOR FOR
        SELECT oid, datname
        FROM pg_database
        WHERE datname LIKE 'post%' ESCAPE '\' AND datconnlimit = :connlimit;

sqlstate: 07001
sqlerrm.sqlerrmc: too many arguments on line 30

The cause is that next_insert() in ecpglib unconditionally skips the next character after the backslash.

Could you review and commit the attached patch?  I also attached the test program for convenience.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa