Re: [WIP] ALTER ... OWNER TO ... CASCADE

От Vladimir Borodin
Тема Re: [WIP] ALTER ... OWNER TO ... CASCADE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

16 февр. 2016 г., в 18:20, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> написал(а):

Vladimir Borodin wrote:

Moreover, the use case you've sketched (ie, change ownership of all
objects inside a database) doesn't actually have anything to do with
following dependencies.  It's a lot closer to REASSIGN OWNED ... in
fact, it's not clear to me why REASSIGN OWNED doesn't solve that
use-case already.

Sometimes I hit the following. You have created a database and schema
inside it from the superuser (i.e. postgres). Than you want to change
ownership of whole database to another user (i.e. alice), but only
this database, not all other objects in all other databases. It seems
that REASSIGN OWNED doesn’t solve this already.

So essentially you want to change all the objects in the database except
those that were created together with the database itself (i.e. those
that were copied from the template database).

Yes. Without such syntax it is now done in a really awful way now, i.e. [0].

That seems a reasonable
use-case, but I'm not sure that this ALTER .. OWNER CASCADE is the right
thing for that -- What object would you start with?  Each schema other
than pg_catalog, pg_toast, information_schema?  As I recall, the problem
is that REASSIGN OWNED refuses to work on pinned objects.  Maybe what
you want is something like
 REASSIGN OWNED BY xyz IN SCHEMA public TO xyzxxz
i.e., an extension of the current REASSIGN OWNED BY command?

Well, I don’t know what syntax and implementation would be correct. I just want to give a specific user all rights to manage all objects in a specific database (which was created from postgres user earlier). It would be really useful.

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Да пребудет с вами сила…