Re: error messages without schema name

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: error messages without schema name
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"=?UTF-8?Q?Filip_Rembia=C5=82kowski?=" <plk.zuber@gmail.com> writes:
> I heard from my PostgreSQL teacher, that all such messages should be
> corrected in the source code, to include schema name too.

I doubt we'd ever do that, because in most scenarios it'd just be
unnecessary clutter, and the primary error messages are supposed to
be kept short.

What probably should happen someday is to add additional fields to error
reports that carry object name, schema name, and so forth.  I think
these wouldn't be displayed normally but you could always turn on
"verbose" mode if you needed to see them.  This approach is needed to
support applications that want to know, for example, which constraint
failed during an INSERT without having to try to extract it from the
possibly-translated message text.