Re: PostgreSQL MVCC and alternative REDO implementation - my thoughts

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: PostgreSQL MVCC and alternative REDO implementation - my thoughts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18/11/18 2:04 μ.μ., Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
> On 18.11.2018 12:14, Martín Marqués wrote:
>> El 18/11/18 a las 04:49, Gerhard Wiesinger escribió:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I just read that blog article and I think switching to REDO logic is
>>> not
>>> a good idea.
>> I think you got it the other way around. Postgres implementes REDO, that
>> is, move forward by REDOing the changes which are stored in WAL files
>>
>> BTW, could you point us to the blog you read this?
>>
>> Maybe you got REDO and UNDO mixed up.
>

> Yes, I ment UNDO ...
>
> Link is here:
>
> https://severalnines.com/blog/five-cool-things-i-learned-postgresql-conference-europe-2018
>

> sunday morning, too early :-)

In this blog I had the role of the reporter for the event :)

When and if this makes it to the core, both heaps will be supported.
Nevertheless this sounds exciting feature to have, however lots of work
must be done before PostgreSQL is able to adopt this in an elegant manner.