Re: PostgreSQL MVCC and alternative REDO implementation - my thoughts

От Gerhard Wiesinger
Тема Re: PostgreSQL MVCC and alternative REDO implementation - my thoughts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18.11.2018 12:14, Martín Marqués wrote:
> El 18/11/18 a las 04:49, Gerhard Wiesinger escribió:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just read that blog article and I think switching to REDO logic is not
>> a good idea.
> I think you got it the other way around. Postgres implementes REDO, that
> is, move forward by REDOing the changes which are stored in WAL files
>
> BTW, could you point us to the blog you read this?
>
> Maybe you got REDO and UNDO mixed up.

Yes, I ment UNDO ...

Link is here:

https://severalnines.com/blog/five-cool-things-i-learned-postgresql-conference-europe-2018

sunday morning, too early :-)

Ciao,

Gerhard

От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: pgconf eu 2018 slides entry missing fromhttps://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations
От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL MVCC and alternative REDO implementation - my thoughts