Re: Error with citext extension when upgrading from 9.0.3 to 9.3.5: 'cannot cast type oid[] to oidvector'

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error with citext extension when upgrading from 9.0.3 to 9.3.5: 'cannot cast type oid[] to oidvector'
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Eric Malm <emalm@pivotal.io> writes:
> We've encountered some errors when upgrading a database using the citext
> extension from 9.0.3 to 9.3.5. Specifically, we run pg_upgrade, then
> attempt to run 'CREATE EXTENSION citext FROM UNPACKAGED' to resolve
> collation errors on our citext columns. This produces the error message
> 'ERROR:  cannot cast type oid[] to oidvector' when it runs the following
> command from contrib/citext/citext--unpackaged--1.0.sql:

Oh, that's annoying.

> We think this may be related to commit 7b63528,

Yeah, no doubt.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that commit,
but we'll need to make the citext upgrade script even more of a kluge
in order to dodge the new restriction.

I'm thinking about regexp_replace on the text form of the oidvector :-(.
Anybody have a better idea?