Re: catalog view use to find DATABASE, LANGUAGE, TABLESPACE, SCHEMA, SEQUENCE privileges granted to user or role

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: catalog view use to find DATABASE, LANGUAGE, TABLESPACE, SCHEMA, SEQUENCE privileges granted to user or role
Дата
Ответ на Re: catalog view use to find DATABASE, LANGUAGE, TABLESPACE, SCHEMA, SEQUENCE privileges granted to user or role  ("Louis Lam" <louis.lam@guardium.com>)
Список pgsql-general
"Louis Lam" <louis.lam@guardium.com> writes:
> Since you know this are well.  Do you know if there is some kind of
> records filtering use by PostgreSQL when selecting system objects?  For
> example, I run this query by PostgreSQL user.

> select count(*) from information_schema.table_privileges;

The information_schema views filter out information about objects that
you don't have any privileges for.  This is required by SQL spec.
It's a bit pointless, since anybody can look at the underlying catalogs,
but we make them follow spec anyway.