Please explain paragraph word pdf file 9.0.2

От Leslie S Satenstein
Тема Please explain paragraph word pdf file 9.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

From Chapter 31,  p 589

This function opens a new database connection using the parameters taken from two NULL-terminated
arrays. The first, keywords, is defined as an array of strings, each one being a key word. The second,
values, gives the value for each key word. Unlike PQsetdbLogin below, the parameter set can be
extended without changing the function signature, so use of this function (or its nonblocking analogs
PQconnectStartParams and PQconnectPoll) is preferred for new application programming.

My Question
In the above, when I read gives, I understand that the function has keywords, and values and after the function is called,  the values array is returned with contents, that is the function gives results to each value field.

Or am I supposed to nderstand that when the author says gives, he really means contains

At the same time, what is the right hand end of the string at the bottom of the Page 588.  It is truncated at the right margin.

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
40 years in IT and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.

mailto:lsatenstein@yahoo.com
alternative: leslie.satenstein@itbms.biz
www.itbms.biz / www.eclipseguard.com