Why Produce PDF files?

От Leslie S Satenstein
Тема Why Produce PDF files?
Список pgsql-docs

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: remove tags.
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>, "PostgreSQL-documentation" <pgsql-docs@postgresql.org>
Date: Monday, February 7, 2011, 10:54 AM

Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > Robert Haas wrote:

> >> Absolutely not.

> >> I'll buy that one.
> >
> > [ ?CC to docs, committers removed. ]
> >
> > Well, if we want to revert, then we have to add <literal> to all the
> > numbers used in our docs --- there was no logic in what we previously
> > had. ?Do we want that?
> >
> > Here is an example line I did not change:
> >
> > ? an otherwise idle connection. ?A value of 0 uses the system default.
> >
> > Do we want that 0 to appear in a fixed-width font via <literal>?
> > It is easy to do but we should decide.
>
> [ removing -hackers from CC also, no need to cross-post ]
>
> Hmm.  I'm starting to lean toward leaving this as you have it.
>
> Which way did we more commonly do it before you applied this patch?

It was mostly like the line I have above, meaning it was not in
fixed-width font, 95% I would say.  I modified 19 to be like the rest.
I left <literal> where the context made sense.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com