Re: Pre-Allocate tablespace on disk

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: Pre-Allocate tablespace on disk
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
* Chris Ruprecht:

> Other database that I have worked with before and that I'm still
> working with, allow you to pre-allocate disk space so you get huge
> chunks of contiguous space at one, which has major impacts on
> database performance.

PostgreSQL's write patterns do not trigger significant fragmentation
with most file systems, even when other database systems (Oracle
Berkeley DB comes to my mind) would create heavily fragmented files.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99