Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Alvaro Herrera:

> Excerpts from Florian Weimer's message of jue nov 24 11:31:29 -0300 2011:
>>
>> * Alvaro Herrera:
>>
>> > I think we should just propose something that will not work in JDBC.
>>
>> I'm not sure if this is a good idea. 8-)
>>
>> I plan to add UNIX Domain socket support to the JDBC driver.
>> Eventually, the JDK will expose UNIX Domain sockets to Java code, too
>> (they are already used internally for management functions).
>
> Well, in that case, the JDBC could simply adopt whatever syntax that
> libpq ends up adopting.  I just meant "something that will not work in
> JDBC *right now*" (i.e. with no local socket support).

Ah, okay, your proposal looked like something which couldn't work with
JDBC *at all* because of invalid URI syntax (but admittedly, I haven't
checked that yet).

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99