Re: Script for hotbackup

От Moiz Kothari
Тема Re: Script for hotbackup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Jeff,

This is what i really wanted, thanks for replying back so quick... I wanted to automate the PITR backup, so that we have DB backup for a PITR.

Thanks a tons.

Regards,
Moiz Kothari

On 11/8/06, Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com> wrote:
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Moiz Kothari wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I think postgres 8.1 onwards gives hot backup facility, i was searching on
> net for an automated script to do that for me. But i cannot find any.  Has
> anyone written a script to do something like that automated on linux.
>
> If anyone has written and tested, i would appricate if you can share it with
> me.

This depends what you mean by hot backup.  The pg_dump utility can create a
consistent database dump with no need to stop the postgresql service.  But,
perhaps you mean the Point in Time Recovery backup method?  If so, you might
look at the pgpitrha project.  We haven't released any tarballs yet, but you
could pull some useful scripts out of CVS.
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgpitrha

If this doesn't get you on the right track, perhaps you can define what you
mean by hot backup more precisely.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner       <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC   http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/