Re: terminating connection due to conflict with recovery

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: terminating connection due to conflict with recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2020-10-08 at 10:17 -0500, Don Seiler wrote:
> I have a PG 12.4 read replica that we're using to offload short read-only queries from the primary. However this
morning(and random other days/times, it seems), I see batches of these messages in

> the replica PG log:
>
> FATAL:  terminating connection due to conflict with recovery
>
> I have hot_standby_feedback enabled already, but looking further at this message, it isn't cancelling the transaction
butrather terminating the connection entirely. This suggests perhaps that a

> session is sitting "idle in transaction" for 30 seconds (our max_standby_streaming_delay is at the default 30s)? Or
thata group of sessions are "idle in transaction" and overlapping enough that

> recovery is blocked for 30 seconds?

What do you find in "pg_stat_database_conflicts"?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Massimo Ortensi
Сообщение: Dropping database in replica
От: Hotmail
Сообщение: Is there a way to correct an inaccurate n_distinct value for extended statistics in PG11?